He is a fabulous chef. I gain weight just thinking about heading over there for dinner. But, this recipe, by far, is my absolute favorite. It's so tasty... I get cravings!
Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Recipe
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cans green chile enchilada sauce
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1.5 lbs. shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 pkg. flour tortillas
- Garnish with: 1 diced, fresh tomato, tossed with 1 tsp chili powder and a sprinkling of fresh cilantro.
- In a big pot... combine chicken breasts and bell pepper with both cans of the green chile enchilada sauce. Simmer on the stove top until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Once cooled, shred the chicken.
- Stir the can of cream of chicken soup into 1/2 of the green chile enchilada sauce you were cooking with. Add the shredded chicken and peppers to this mixture. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the other 1/2 of the green chile enchilada sauce you were cooking with into a 9 x 12 glass casserole dish.
- Prepare the enchiladas, filling the tortillas with chicken and cheese, roll them up and put them in the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle any remaining chicken and sauce over the tortillas, cover with remaining cheese. Garnish with diced tomatoes.
- Pop this gooey mess into the oven and bake @ 350 (F) for 30 minutes.