It's a tradition. On winter full moons, we gather the usual suspects, don our snowshoes, and take an adventurous hike through the snowy woods. Most times, the moon lights our path so nicely that we don't even need headlamps to find our way.
After a bit of hard work, we rendezvous back at the lodge to warm ourselves in front of a roaring fire. There, we sip some wine and try to out-do one another with fabulous little finger foods.
Here's mine from last night ~ which got rave reviews from all my snowshoeing friends:
Three Cheese Artichoke Nibbles
The general consensus: "these tasty little goodies are pretty much to die for"
- 2 cans artichoke hearts, finely chopped
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 4 - 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 containers Better'n Eggs (liquid eggs) Or, 12 shell eggs.
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cayenne hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 container French Fried Onions
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
Saute onion, artichokes and garlic in a little bit of olive oil. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Spoon into mini muffin tins. Bake these little goodies @ 350 (F) for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Happy February Full Snow Moon
* While this is not a low fat appetizer, using liquid eggs vs. shell eggs trims 48 grams of fat from this recipe. Bonus! You really can't tell a difference in taste. I prefer Better'n Eggs because this brand doesn't contain seasonings that interfere with my recipe flavors.