Bok Choy, fresh-picked at the High Star Organic Farm greenhouse.
To me, the most fun aspect of owning a local's produce farm share is how you never know what you'll be making for dinner until your box of goodies shows up.
I'm at the mercy of whatever produce is freshly harvested each week. This week's score was Bok Choy and Radishes - 2 things I've never purchased before, prompting creation of a brand new salad idea...
Bok Choy & Radish Coleslaw
- 1 head fresh bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped fine
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped basil
- 1/2 cup chopped green tops of fresh green onions
- 2 tablespoons Litehouse brand light coleslaw dressing