Everything Gingerbread gets a 2 thumbs up in this household.
Do you make a special breakfast on Christmas morning? We open our presents the night before. Often stay up way too late. Which inspires some serious Christmas laziness, lounging around in our jammies the better part of the morning.
As Gingerbread lovers, we'll happily nibble on cakes, cookies... anything you care to cook us! But the pièce de résistance for a super special holiday breakfast are these hot off the griddle Gingerbread Pancakes.
Gingerbread Pancake Recipe:
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1.25 cups buttermilk ~ What's that you say? You don't have buttermilk? Join the club! Simply add a tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice to whole milk and voila! You've got buttermilk.
- 1/2 cup water
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1.5 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons melted butter