That is... IF it ever gets done.
Egg casseroles, baked the normal way ~ in traditional metal or glass pans ~ don't behave very well. The edges cook way too fast. The center cooks way too slow.
Overnight Breakfast Casserole
* You can mix this up in a jiffy, but it should be refrigerated overnight.
- 1 package Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage crumbles (this stuff is fully cooked.)
- 1 package zesty Italian croutons (I use Pepperidge Farms.)
- 1 cup asparagus tips
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon sweet basil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups liquid eggs (like Better 'n Eggs or Eggbeaters.) Or, a dozen shell eggs.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
* If you're in a hurry, you can buy ingredients that are good to go and prep this in about 5 minutes. The turkey sausage crumbles I listed are fully cooked, which saves a lot of time. The liquid eggs are not as messy, plus they're half the calories of shell eggs. (So you can add more cheese! :)