In spite of it being a crispy, crunchy mess it added a terrific bit of fruity flavor to an otherwise ho-hum main course.
We went whole hog on the turkey this year. Buying a free range bird that cost a princely sum.
However! I think that might be us and not the bird. This family has never had a turkey that wasn't mass (read: mean) produced and injected with all sorts of flavor enhancers... We'll continue down this organic path and hope to get it right next year.
|It may not look all that pretty but it was 2 die 4.|
L calls this her Cheesy Gut Bomb. I refined the title to have appetite appeal for blog visitors! (If I ever get some.)
* Bake this in a 350 (F) oven until it's all ooey gooey.
- 1 pound real deal Blue Swimming crab
- 1 cup Mozarella cheese
- 1 cup Pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise (Yes, light! Gotta trim calories somewhere!)
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Wasabi
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 4 tablespoons roasted garlic (the kind that comes in the jars.)
- A dash of Worcestershire
- A spritz of lemon juice
* Might as well butter the bread before you toast it. I mean... if we'z gonna die of a fat-induced coma, let us go out with a bang!
Here's hoping you had a simply marvelous Turkey Day. And, 3 cheers to you, if you found a way to wiggle outta doin' the dishes.