This favorite 'comfort food' recipe evolved out of necessity ~
1) Real beef stroganoff is so high in fat I had to kick it off the menu. Permanently.
2) I'd be lost without an oven. I rarely, if ever, have the time to monitor a stove top recipe.
Give it a shot... I don't think you'll be able to tell this is low fat. My family couldn't.*
Low Fat Beef Stroganoff Casserole
|It doesn't look nearly this pretty when I make it.|
- 1 lb. beef chuck roast cut into bite-size pieces.
- 1 bunch, chopped green onions, tops and all.
- 1 container sliced Baby Bella mushrooms.
- 3 cloves chopped garlic. Or, 2 tsp. roasted garlic that comes in the glass jars.
- 1 can fat-free cream of mushroom soup + water.
- 3 tbs. Worcestershire sauce.
- 1/2 package No Yolk pasta noodles.
What they don't know what hurt them.
* 'Low Fat' is a very bad word in this household. Therefore, I never utter it out loud. No Yolk noodles are lower in fat and they can't tell the diff.