|Roasted Veggies with a Delightful Sage Seasoning|
Do you futz with recipes? I always do. For me, that's half the fun of cooking. No matter what the recipe tells me to do I'll doll it up to suit my fancy. The funny thing about this is my super silly double standard... I can't resist re-doing a recipe. But, if people tell me they've messed with one of my recipes, I get mad! :)
And, I'll bet Haze does, too. So, I thought I'd let you have her original recipe plus notes on all the ridiculous changes I made to it. Which just might inspire you to make some changes of your own..
Whatever path you choose, I can pretty much guarantee your family will love this.
Roasted Veggie and Kielbasa Bake
* Chop veggies into bite-size pieces. Chop brussels in half. Cut Kielbasa into 1/2 inch slices.
- 4 cups brussel sprouts
- (I did 2 c. brussels and 2 c. broccolini)
- 1 large red onion
- (I did shallots, sweet onions and elephant garlic cloves)
- 16 oz. Kielbasa
- (I did 32 oz. turkey Kielbasa)
- 2 Yukon potatoes
- (I did 1 Yukon and 1 sweet potato)
- 2 baking apples
- (I did 3 Granny Smiths)
- 6 carrots
- (I used 3 carrots, not chopped, and 3 parsnips, not chopped)
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- Haze! Aren't you proud of me? I did not mess with your sage! :)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
* Kielbasa is a very flavorful Polish pork sausage. I opted for turkey kielbasa - not to lower the calories - so we could eat twice as much and not feel guilty. :)
** This recipe takes a good half hour of prep work but it's well worth the effort. The sage-y aroma coming from the oven inspired some seriously grumbling tummies. And, the whole thing disappeared in the blink of an eye, the second she placed it on the dinner table.